How to get to Ocean Island
From Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal and Victoria Airport
View Larger Map
Driving from Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal
- Take Highway 17 (Blanshard St) to Pandora Ave. (About a 45 minute drive, depending on traffic.)
Busing from Victoria Airport
- Take the YYJ Airport Shuttle bus directly to the hostel, please see http://www.yyjairportshuttle.com/ for fares & reservations. or
- Take either the #86 Deep Cover/McTavish Exchange or the #88 Airport/Sidney bus to the McTavish Exchange in North Saanich
- Hop on the #72 Swartz Bay or the #70x Swartz Bay Express to the Victoria City Hall, near the corner of Douglas and Pandora – you’ll find yourself one block away from the hostel!
Walking from the Greyhound Bus Station
- Walk north on Douglas St to Pandora Ave.
- Turn right and walk one block east to Blanshard St. It’s about a 15-20 minute walk.
From the Inner Harbour Ferries (Port Angeles, Bellingham and Seattle)
View Larger Map
Walking & Driving Directions
- Go three blocks east on Belleville St (towards the Legislative Buildings)
- Turn left on Douglas St.
- Walk north to Pandora Ave.
- Turn right and walk east to Blanshard St. It’s about a 25 minute walk.
- Take Highway 1 (Douglas St) to Caledonia Ave.
- Turn left on Caledonia and go east one block to Blanshard St.
- Turn right on Blanshard, and Pandora Ave is two blocks more. (About 2 hours driving in total)
Pacific Coach Lines Bus (PCL)
- Takes you from the Pacific Central Bus Station (1150 Station Street, right beside the Main Street Skytrain station) in downtown Vancouver to downtown Victoria via the Tsawwassen – Swartz Bay BC Ferries route, or you can get on and off at various stages along the way.
- The whole trip takes about 4 hours.
- They’ve got lots of room for luggage on the bus (though you should probably call the company if you have more than two suitcases)
- See Fares & Schedules here: www.pacificcoach.com
- Contact: (604) 662-7575 or 1-800-661-1725, call center is open 7:00am – 7:00pm Daily
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skytrain / Public Transit
- Take the Canada Line Skytrain from Waterfront Skytrain Station (601 West Cordova Street) to Bridgeport Station (25 minutes). Make sure to buy a ticket for 3 zones and keep it for transfering. Then walk down to the bus stops to Bay 3 and take bus #620 north to the Tsawwassen ferry terminal (40 minutes).
- For Fares and Directions please see the BC Transit Vancouver web site or call TransLink at:
- It takes about 1hour to get to the Tsawwassen ferry terminal from downtown Vancouver.
- BC Ferries Tsawwassen – Swartz Bay route takes passengers and vehicles several times a day. Ferries leave at least every odd hour on the hour.
- Get the “#70 Swartz Bay/Downtown” city bus from the Swartz Bay ferry terminal to downtown Victoria
From Sooke and Port Renfrew
- Take Highway 14 to Highway 1 (Douglas St).
- Follow Highway 1 to Pandora Ave.
- Turn left and go east one block to Blanshard St. (About 50 minutes from Sooke; 2 hours from Port Renfrew), OR
- From Sooke you can take the #61 city bus to downtown (Bus takes about an hour and 10 minutes)
- Get off at the Pandora and Douglas St. intersection
- Walk one block east on Pandora Ave. to Blanshard St.