Front Desk Agent & More!
Looking to start (or further) your career in hospitality, gain experience in the tourism industry & train with one of the friendliest teams in Victoria?
Well it’s your lucky day! Ocean Island is seeking a Front Desk Agent & More who enjoys meeting and working with travellers from all over the world.
• Taking and changing room reservations via phone, email or in person.
• Processing guest arrivals and departures, calculating charges and receiving payments using our property management software.
• Providing information on our facilities and services and about points of interest in the area.
• Helping to resolve any guest complaints and concerns (as well as accepting lavish praise and compliments!).
• Providing excellent customer service.
• …and most importantly, providing a safe, friendly and fun environment for our global travellers.
• Besides front desk, you have the opportunity to learn other positions, depending on your abilities and interests, such as bartender or housekeeping supervisor.
Qualifications & Qualities:
• Experience in the service industry essential; experience in the hostel/ hotel/ hospitality industry a plus, but not required.
• Multi-tasker, energetic and organized.
• Interest in learning about the backpacker/ hotel/ hospitality industry & training in different positions.
• A friendly but firm approach to dealing with people.
• Able to work with minimal supervision and be calm in a busy environment.
The Fine Print:
• The position is full time.
• Compensation starts at $11.35/hr, plus commissions with opportunities for increases. If additional positions are taken on, such as bartender and housekeeping supervisor, compensation is increased accordingly.
• Our staff enjoys great hospitality industry discounts and freebies in Victoria and the region and at traveler accommodation in North America.
• The shifts are typically 6:30am-2:45pm or 2:30pm-10:30pm.
• We are very flexible with time off, so you can do travelling of your own, go to school, or whatnot.
• Our staff grow with us and there are always opportunities to advance!
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to jobs[a]oceanisland.com. Also feel free to stop by and check us out.
Ocean Island Inn is seeking a short-term part-time Cook to prepare delicious meals for our global travelers.
“Ocean Island is more than a hostel, it’s an experience- an experience akin to being kidnapped by 100 of your closest friends… Full of life and art … both the young and the young at heart will feel right at home”. – Lonely Planet British Columbia.
• Preparing and cooking food for our global travelers.
• Being a part of our convivial international team.
Qualities & Qualifications:
• Energetic, self-starter.
• Enjoys working mostly independently, but also working with other staff.
• Cooking experience in a restaurant or food service outlet.
Schedule & Hours:
• Position starts immediately, paid weekly.
• Approximately 20 hours/wk currently, the potential for future work.
• Days and hours are very flexible, we can work around your schedule.
• Above industry average hourly rate.
• Enjoy a free meal every shift, and a free cocktail for staff every night.
• Our staff enjoys hospitality industry discounts and freebies in Victoria and the region and at traveler accommodation in North America.
Please visit us at 791 Pandora Avenue to check us out, drop off your resume and speak to a manager between 9 am-5:30 pm. Or, email your resume (with the name of the position) jobs[a]oceanisland.com. For more information about Ocean Island and what we do, check out www.oceanisland.com.