Front Desk Agent & More
Looking to start (or further) your career in hospitality, gain experience in the tourism industry & train with one of the friendliest teams in Victoria?
Well it’s your lucky day! Ocean Island is seeking a Front Desk Agent & More who enjoys meeting and working with travellers from all over the world.
- Taking and changing room reservations via phone, email or in person.
- Processing guest arrivals and departures, calculating charges and receiving payments using our property management software.
- Providing information on our facilities and services and about points of interest in the area.
- Helping to resolve any guest complaints and concerns (as well as accepting lavish praise and compliments!).
- Providing excellent customer service.
- …and most importantly, providing a safe, friendly and fun environment for our global travellers.
- Besides front desk, you have the opportunity to learn other positions, depending on your abilities and interests, such as bartender or housekeeping supervisor.
Qualifications & Qualities
- Experience in the service industry essential; experience in the hostel/ hotel/ hospitality industry a plus, but not required.
- Multi-tasker, energetic and organized.
- Interest in learning about the backpacker/ hotel/ hospitality industry & training in different positions.
- A friendly but firm approach to dealing with people.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and be calm in a busy environment.
The Fine Print
- The position is part time leading to full time.
- Compensation starts at $11.35/hr, plus commissions, which are substantial in the spring/ summer/ fall. Opportunities for increases as you gain experience and take on other positions or responsibilities.
- Our staff enjoys great hospitality industry discounts and freebies in Victoria and the region and at traveler accommodation in North America.
- The shifts are typically 6:30am-2:45pm or 2:30pm-11pm.
- We are very flexible with time off, so you can do travelling of your own, go to school, or whatnot.
- Our staff grow with us and there are always opportunities to advance!
Please email your resume and cover letter to jobs[a]oceanisland.com. Also feel free to stop by and check us out.