Your new home away from home! Located in a historic character house in James Bay (steps from the ocean, Beacon Hill Park, the Royal BC Museum and the Inner Harbour), these suites are perfect for a family retreat or a romantic getaway. Each of these quiet, colourful pet-friendly suites has a queen-sized bed, full kitchen, bathroom with bathtub, work/study area, cable TV and more!
Read guest, guidebook and other reviews of our Suites here.
Each suite has:
- Queen-sized bed with medium-firm mattress
- Full kitchen with fridge/freezer, microwave, stove, oven, cutlery, dishes, cookware – it’s set up just like home
- Bathroom with bathtub and shower
- Wired Internet and free wireless Internet in the suite and all around the property, including the back garden
- 20 inch TV with cable
- Fold-out couch turns into a large single bed
- Original 1907 fir wood floors
- Computer with Internet and phone for local calls available in lobby
- Access to shared large backyard with garden and deck
- Access to on-site laundry facilities ($1.25 per wash and dry)
- Free Parking (off street and street)
- Storage available
- High chair & crib available upon request
- If you reserve a Garden Suite for more than 3 nights, a 14 day cancellation policy applies and a 50% deposit is required. Our office staff will contact you within 24 hours regarding the deposit.
- Ocean Island Suites is (in our opinion) in the single best location in Victoria. It’s three blocks from the ocean, one block from Beacon Hill Park, and five blocks from downtown, but even closer to the small James Bay commercial center.
- The suites are pet friendly, so you don’t have to leave your pets at home! Click here for our pet policy.
- Click here for list of nearby shops and services.
- Check in at our main location and enjoy a complimentary 7-minute taxi ride to your suite.
- These suites are quiet, but due to the age of the house, some sound carries between suites
Suite 1 – “The Tokyo Suite”
- Decorated in red and black with a modern take on an Asian influenced style.
- Lots of windows and light, west and south facing windows including a large bay window
Room area: 490 sq feet, 45 sq meters
Suite 2 – “The Provence Suite”
- Bright, fun apartment with a light, cheery colour scheme
- Lots of windows and light, north and east facing windows
- This suite has a private entrance that opens out onto the deck and backyard
Room area: 410 sq feet, 39 sq meters
Suite 3 – “The Burma Suite”
- Lovingly decorated with South East Asian art
- Private entrance that opens out onto the deck and backyard.
- Lots of windows and light, east and west facing windows.
- Private bathroom with claw foot bathtub.
Room area: 415 sq feet, 38 sq meters