Contact & Directions
Our friendly and knowledgeable front desk staff is on hand 24 hours a day to laugh at your jokes, answer your questions and ensure your stay is safe, comfortable and happy.
Ocean Island Inn | Backpackers | Suites
791 Pandora Ave.
Victoria BC, Canada, V8W 1N9
We are located at 791 Pandora Ave. Victoria BC on the corner of Pandora and Blanshard.
Driving from Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal
- Take Highway 17 (Blanshard St) to Pandora Ave. (About a 45 minute drive, depending on traffic.)
Busing from Victoria Airport
- Take the YYJ Airport Shuttle bus directly to the hostel, please see http://www.yyjairportshuttle.com/ for fares & reservations. or
- Take either the #86 Deep Cover/McTavish Exchange or the #88 Airport/Sidney bus to the McTavish Exchange in North Saanich
- Hop on the #72 Swartz Bay or the #70x Swartz Bay Express to the Victoria City Hall, near the corner of Douglas and Pandora - you'll find yourself one block away from the hostel!
Walking from the Greyhound Bus Station
- Walk north on Douglas St to Pandora Ave.
- Turn right and walk one block east to Blanshard St. It's about a 15-20 minute walk.
Walking & Driving Directions
- Go three blocks east on Belleville St (towards the Legislative Buildings)
- Turn left on Douglas St.
- Walk north to Pandora Ave.
- Turn right and walk east to Blanshard St. It's about a 25 minute walk.
- Take Highway 1 (Douglas St) to Caledonia Ave.
- Turn left on Caledonia and go east one block to Blanshard St.
- Turn right on Blanshard, and Pandora Ave is two blocks more. (About 2 hours driving in total)
Pacific Coach Lines Bus (PCL)
- Takes you from the Pacific Central Bus Station (1150 Station Street, right beside the Main Street Skytrain station) in downtown Vancouver to downtown Victoria via the Tsawwassen - Swartz Bay BC Ferries route, or you can get on and off at various stages along the way.
- The whole trip takes about 4 hours.
- They've got lots of room for luggage on the bus (though you should probably call the company if you have more than two suitcases)
- See Fares & Schedules here: www.pacificcoach.com
- Contact: (604) 662-7575 or 1-800-661-1725, call center is open 7:00am – 7:00pm Daily
- E-mail: email@example.com
Skytrain / Public Transit
- Take the Canada Line Skytrain from Waterfront Skytrain Station (601 West Cordova Street) to Bridgeport Station (25 minutes). Make sure to buy a ticket for 3 zones and keep it for transfering. Then walk down to the bus stops to Bay 3 and take bus #620 north to the Tsawwassen ferry terminal (40 minutes).
- For Fares and Directions please see the BC Transit Vancouver web site or call TransLink at:
- It takes about 1hour to get to the Tsawwassen ferry terminal from downtown Vancouver.
- BC Ferries Tsawwassen - Swartz Bay route takes passengers and vehicles several times a day. Ferries leave at least every odd hour on the hour.
- Check the BC Ferries web site for schedules, extra sailings and fares.
- The ferry takes about 1hr 35min to cross
- Get the "#70 Swartz Bay/Downtown" city bus from the Swartz Bay ferry terminal to downtown Victoria
- Schedules & fares are available on the BC Transit Victoria web site
- It takes about 1hr - 1hr 30min to get downtown from the terminal.
- Take Highway 14 to Highway 1 (Douglas St).
- Follow Highway 1 to Pandora Ave.
- Turn left and go east one block to Blanshard St. (About 50 minutes from Sooke; 2 hours from Port Renfrew), OR
- From Sooke you can take the #61 city bus to downtown (Bus takes about an hour and 10 minutes)
- Get off at the Pandora and Douglas St. intersection
- Walk one block east on Pandora Ave. to Blanshard St.