Looking for a stable front desk position in a positive and safe environment during these challenging times? Well then we have the job for you!
Considering the current situation, we have transformed into a safe haven for our mostly extended stay residents. Staff and guest safety and health is our #1 priority, which is reflected in all of our procedures, including a plexiglas shield at the front desk. See some of our measures here: oceanisland-covid-19.info/.
“…the lodging is clean, modern, and welcoming throughout.” - Lonely Planet Pacific Northwest
“Impeccably managed by a thought-of-everything owner” - Fodor’s guidebook
- Most guest communication is currently by phone, email or chat, and in person visits to the front desk are restricted to a minimum.
- Taking and changing room reservations.
- Processing guest arrivals and departures and taking payments using our property management software.
- Providing information on our facilities and services and about points of interest in the area.
- Helping to resolve any guest complaints and concerns (as well as accepting lavish praise and compliments!).
- Providing excellent customer service.
- ...and most importantly, providing a safe, friendly and welcoming environment for our guests.
- Besides front desk, you have the opportunity to learn more advanced functions, depending on your abilities and interests.
Qualifications & Qualities:
- Experience in the service industry essential; experience in the hostel/ hotel/ hospitality industry a plus.
- Multi-tasker, energetic and organized.
- Interest in learning more about the backpacker/ hotel/ hospitality industry.
- A friendly but firm approach to dealing with people.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and be calm.
The Fine Print:
- The position is full time.
- Compensation is $15/hr from June 1, $14/hr until then, plus commissions.
- The shifts are typically 2:30pm-11pm but can vary.
- We are very flexible with time off, even in the summer.
- Our staff enjoys great hospitality industry discounts and freebies in Victoria- hopefully this will be relevant again soon!
- Our staff grow with us and there are always opportunities to advance.
For more information about Ocean Island, check out www.oceanisland.com. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.