Looking for a Front Desk Superstar position in a positive and safe environment during these challenging times? Well then we have the job for you!
Considering the current situation, we have transformed into a safe haven for our guests. Staff and guest safety and health is our #1 priority, which is reflected in all of our procedures www.oceanisland.com/covid-19
"Full of life and art... both the young and the young-at-heart will feel right at home." - Lonely Planet Pacific Northwest
Please note: Only applications with cover letters will be considered.
- Taking and changing room reservations.
- Processing guest arrivals and departures and taking payments using our property management software.
- Providing information on our facilities and services and about points of interest in the area.
- Helping to resolve any guest complaints and concerns (as well as accepting lavish praise and compliments!).
- Providing excellent customer service.
- ...and most importantly, providing a safe, friendly and welcoming environment for our guests.
- Besides front desk, you have the opportunity to learn more advanced functions, depending on your abilities and interests.
- We can help with work visas and Permanent Residency.
QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES:
- Experience in the service industry essential; experience in the hostel/ hotel/ hospitality industry a plus.
- Multi-tasker, energetic and organized.
- Interest in learning more about the backpacker/ hotel/ hospitality industry.
- Outgoing and friendly but can also be firm when dealing with people.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and stay calm.
THE FINE PRINT:
- Full time and part time positions available.
- Competitive hourly rate, based on experience and performance.
- The shifts are typically 7am-2:30pm or 2:30pm-11pm but can vary.
- We are very flexible with time off.
- Our staff enjoys great hospitality industry discounts and freebies in Victoria.
- Our staff grow with us and there are always opportunities to advance.
Are you looking for a housekeeping position in a safe environment during these challenging times? Well then we have the job for you!
Considering the current situation, we have transformed into a safe haven for our guests. Staff and guest safety and health is our #1 priority, which is reflected in all of our procedures https://www.oceanisland.com/covid-19/
“…the lodging is clean, modern, and welcoming throughout.” - Lonely Planet Pacific Northwest
“Impeccably managed by a thought-of-everything owner” - Fodor’s guidebook
- Maintaining Ocean Island Inn’s high standard of cleanliness throughout our facility.
- Housekeeping experience an asset and you need to enjoy cleaning and working in a fast paced environment.
- Helping to provide a clean, friendly and inviting environment for our residents to feel at home in.
- Opportunities to take on other responsibilities, and gain experience in other departments.
- We can help with work visas and Permanent Residency requirements.
- One full time and one part time position available.
- We are flexible with time off and schedules.
- Inclusive and casual workplace
- No dress codes or uniforms.
Email your resume (with the name of the position) to jobs[a]oceanisland.com.
Are you looking for a casual short-term housekeeping position with possible staff accommodation? Well then Ocean Island Inn has a job for you!
“FULL OF LIFE AND ART... both the young and young at heart will feel right at home.” - Lonely Planet Guidebook
- No experience necessary.
- Stay short or long term.
- Flexible schedule.
- Part-time or full-time.
- COVID-19 procedures in place.
- Discounted staff accommodation available.
- Inclusive and casual workplace.
To apply please email your resume (with the name of the position) to jobs[a]oceanisland.com.