Are you looking for an engaging and unique job that has great pay, benefits and holidays, with all kinds of opportunities for advancement? And also offers on the job training? Then this is your lucky day!
“Ocean Island is more than a hostel, it’s an experience- Full of life and art … both the young and the young at heart will feel right at home”. - Lonely Planet British Columbia Guidebook.
What we offer:
- Staff and guest health and safety is always our first priority, so we are very serious about our covid-19 safety procedures.
- A competitive salary and benefits, that includes medical and extended paid vacations.
- A workplace that highly values all staff and provides intensive, on the job training to help people integrate into our positions and culture. So specific prior experience isn’t required.
- A casual and inclusive workplace, because life is a rainbow!
- A position based on a 40 hour work week, with flexibility and time off to achieve that elusive work/ life balance.
- A dynamic position which encompasses a variety of tasks, with ample opportunity to learn new skills, gain experience and benefit from professional growth.
- In normal times, Ocean Island Inn is full of international travellers hanging out and enjoying our free food and drinks. Now we’re busy working on all sorts of improvements to make their experience better than ever for this summer or soon.
- Learning and mastering our operations, including front desk and housekeeping, and then helping to make everything run like clockwork.
- Helping to lead and inspire the team and creating a positive workplace, including turning conflict into collaboration.
- Working with the management team to navigate our course from very limited operations now due to covid19, back to a full opening.
Experience and qualities:
- Customer service experience in the tourism, retail or food and beverage industry essential.
- Motivated to do what it takes to help us create an amazing and unique experience for our guests.
- Flexible, organized problem solver who enjoys managing new situations on an ongoing basis.
- Integrity and a sense of humour!
Email your resume and cover letter (with the name of the position) to jobs[at]oceanisland.com.